If you are an Indian citizen, you are aware of the importance of the Aadhar Card as confirmation of identification and domicile. However, if your address changes, you must update the address listed on your Aadhar Card. Previously, people had to visit an Aadhar Kendra to have their address changed on their Aadhar Card, but thanks to online services, it is now possible to change the address on an Aadhar Card online. So, in this article, we’ll walk you through the process of How to change address in Aadhar Card online.
Steps To Update Address In Aadhar Card Online
Step 1: Navigate to the UIDAI website.
To alter the address on your Aadhar Card online, first go to the UIDAI website. The official website for Aadhar Card-related services is UIDAI, which stands for Unique Identification Authority of India. Once on the website, you will see an option to update your Aadhar information. To proceed, select that option.
Step 2: Provide your Aadhar Number.
The following step is to input your Aadhar card number. To show that you are not a robot, you must also solve a security code. After entering your Aadhar number and solving the security code, click the “Send OTP” button.
Step 3: Provide the OTP
On your registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP (One-Time Password). In the space provided on the website, enter the OTP and click the “Login” button.
Step 4: Click on the Address Update button.
After you log in, you will see a number of options for updating your Aadhar Card information. To proceed, select the “Address Update” option.
Step 5: Fill out the New Address here
Now, in the space provided, type in your new address. Make certain that you enter the correct address information. You can also select the “Address Validation Letter” option, in which the UIDAI will send a letter to your new address to validate it.
Step 6: Provide Address Proof
You must now upload the address verification paper. You may submit any of the following papers as evidence of address:
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ Service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
Step 7: Submit the Request
After uploading the address proof, click the “Submit” button to finish the procedure. Your Aadhar Card address update request will be processed, and you will receive a confirmation message on your registered cellphone number.
It is crucial to remember that the UIDAI levies a cost of Rs. 50 for online Aadhar Card address updates. You may pay online using net banking, a credit card, or a debit card.
If you do not have access to the internet or have any problems when altering the address on your Aadhar Card online, you can get assistance from your local Aadhar Kendra. You must provide a photocopy of the address proof document as well as the original document for verification.
Changing the address on your Aadhar Card online is an easy and painless procedure. By following the procedures outlined above, you may simply alter the address on your Aadhar Card without having to visit an Aadhar Kendra. It is critical that you input the proper address information and submit the relevant address proof document. You may avoid such problems by keeping your Aadhar Card information up to date.
Finally, we hope that this guide has helped you understand how to change the address on your Aadhar Card online. If you have any questions or encounter any problems when changing your Aadhar Card information, you can contact the UIDAI helpline number or visit your local Aadhar Kendra for assistance.
You may also read our other articles