Now, Unified Communications are not encompassed by a single product or device. It’s a growing category in the enterprise network.
Unified Communication or you see is the set of products and services that Attempts to provide a consistent single-user interface and experience across different media types in different devices, you see allows a user to send a message from one type of media, as in email, and have that media received as a different type of media. That email could become a text message or a voicemail.
In other words, Unified communication is a term that describes how businesses use technology to connect their employees together. It’s about using technology to make sure everyone is communicating effectively.
Unified Communication Devices
First up is the UCS server. These are specialized servers, which quite often are virtual in nature that is designed to implement Unified Communication Solutions in the workplace. The UC servers work in conjunction with UC gateways. There are some Unified Communication Devices are mentioned below.
Smartphones have become a necessity in our lives today. We use them for everything from taking pictures and videos to playing games and listening to music. But what if we could take advantage of smartphones’ capabilities to help us communicate? A smartphone’s camera and microphone could be used to record audio messages, send text messages, make video calls, and even play games.
Tablets are small computers that run apps and programs. They’re similar to smartphones, except they don’t need to connect to a network and can be used anywhere. You can download apps onto tablets that allow you to do things like reading books, watching movies, listening to music, and playing games.
Wearables are devices that people wear on their bodies. These devices can measure heart rate, track steps taken, monitor sleep patterns, and provide feedback about how well someone is doing. There are many different types of wearables, including smartwatches, fitness bands, and activity monitors.
A headset is a device that plugs into a smartphone or tablet and connects to its speakers. Headsets are great for communicating while using a computer or mobile phone. They can also be used for gaming, watching videos, and listening to music.
Voice-activated technology uses microphones and software to interpret voice commands. It can be used to control home appliances, adjust lights, lock doors, turn off alarms, and open garage doors.
Augmented reality (AR)
Augmented reality combines real images with virtual objects to create a realistic experience. AR headsets display digital information over live video feeds. AR headsets can be used to view maps, directions, and other useful information.
Virtual reality (VR)
Virtual reality is a simulated environment created by a headset. VR headsets block out the real world around you and immerse you in a completely different world. VR headsets can be used to play games, watch movies, and explore places.
What is a UC Gateway?
A UC gateway is a network device that is designed to translate between different signaling methods, as in a voice-over IP gateway, which will translate an analog public switched telephone network voice signal into a signal that can be understood on The Voice network.
There are some other UC devices. any device that can be used in the implementation of a unified communication solution is considered a UC device. They may include but are not limited to voice phones, email systems, video conferencing systems, and instant messaging networks.
Importance of Unified Communication
Unified communications help companies communicate efficiently and effectively. Employees can work together without having to worry about different platforms or devices. Companies can also save money by not having to pay for separate phone plans.
There are some major points are mentioned below that show the importance of Unified Communication.
- Unified communication (UC) is defined as the use of technology to enable people to communicate effectively across organizational boundaries. UC is a way of working where employees have access to information and tools to help them work together more efficiently. UC helps companies improve their productivity, efficiency, and customer service.
- UC is about collaboration, not just communication. Collaboration means sharing information and ideas with others. It’s about getting everyone involved in solving problems and making decisions.
- UC enables organizations to collaborate with customers, partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- UC is about enabling people to do their jobs better. It provides the right tools and information at the right time to make sure they get things done faster and smarter.
- UC is about empowering people. People should feel empowered to ask questions, share ideas, and solve problems.
- UC is about connecting people. It connects people inside and outside the organization.
- UC is about being open. Openness means sharing information and ideas freely. It means having no barriers between people.
- UC is about being connected. Connecting means linking people, processes, and systems. It means using technology to connect people and businesses.
- UC is about being accessible. Accessibility means providing services and information easily. It means giving people the tools they need to succeed.
- UC is about being secure. Security means protecting data and privacy. It means ensuring that only authorized users can access information.
- UC is about being reliable. Reliability means delivering what was promised. It means keeping promises.
- UC is about being consistent. Consistency means doing things the same way each time. It means following policies and procedures consistently.
- UC is about being flexible. Flexibility means adapting to changing circumstances. It means responding to changes in business requirements.
- UC is about being accountable. Accountability means taking responsibility for results. It means holding yourself responsible for your actions.
Now let’s move on to some unified communications concepts. The first concept that we’re going
to discuss is presence. But before talking about Presence let’s know why Unified Communication is important.
Now presence is an indicator that is used to communicate the willingness or ability of a user to accept communication. Common present statuses include available online offline busy and do not disturb.
Present services are an important service provided in UC solutions, as they will track individual users across multiple devices and networks in real-time through the use of multicast transmissions. Once a communication session has been established, multicast communication is dropped in unicast network transmissions are used.
Another UCX concept that you need to grasp is quality of service.
Quality of Service
Quality of Service techniques is implemented to improve Unified Communication by managing network traffic. The most common implementation of quality of service is the class of service CEOs.
SEO S is a quality-of-service technique that’s used to manage network traffic by grouping similar types of traffic and assigning a network priority to that traffic. As Unified Communication traffic is given a higher priority than email, a six-bit differentiated service code point DSCP is used in the IP header to establish the CEOs or class of service.
Voice over IP Voice
Now let’s move on to voice over IP(Internet Protocol) voice is one of the most common implementations in a unified communications solution. Through the use of a presence service. Calls can be routed to the correct location for where the user is out to important protocols used in voiceover IP are Session Initiation Protocol, sip, and real-time Transport Protocol RTP.
SIP has two purposes. First, it is used to establish a communication session between two endpoints. The other purpose is that once the session is completed, sip tears down that connection between the two endpoints during the communication session RTP is used as the transport call, helping to provide that quality of service through SEO s to the endpoints.